Monday, March 30, 2009

Menu Planning


My friend Denise has been doing this for awhile, so I decided I would too. I always plan my meals throughout the month. I go grocery shopping about 2 times a month and spend about $300 a month on food. I came to realize after years of eating out, that you can save so much more money when you make food at home instead of going out. Don't get me wrong, we still go out about once a week, but Patrick and I both prefer some home-cookin over some greasy, fatty foods at restaurants. This is what I came up with:


-Flank Steak, veggies, and mac/cheese

-Cube Steak (Shout out to Denise for this recipe..using the crockpot)

-Orange Juice Chicken (Crockpot)



-Cheesy Brat Stew (Crockpot-allrecipes.com)



Since it's only me and Patrick, this list is probably going to last at least a week and a half because of leftovers from the night before. I will definitely let ya'll know which ones I love and which ones I don't. I might even take pictures of the final product and upload them on here. I hope everyone has a great week. I can't believe it's almost Easter!!!
Amber Renee'

1 comments:

Denise said...

way to go!!
I love Menu Plan MOnday!